Arizona VA Loan Specialist
Serving Veterans NATIONWIDE
VA guaranteed loans are made by private lenders, such as banks, savings & loans, or mortgage companies to eligible veterans for the purchase of a home which must be for their own personal occupancy. The guaranty means the lender is protected against loss if you or a later owner fail to repay the loan. The guaranty replaces the protection the lender normally receives by requiring a down payment.Read More
Whether you are looking for a first mortgage, adding a second mortgage or trying to refinance an existing mortgage, it is helpful to understand more about the general loan classifications and types of VA loans available to you. Mortgage loans are categorized as either fixed rate mortgages (FRM), adjustable rate mortgages (ARM) or some combination (hybrid) of the two.
Some worry that refinancing takes too much time and money, but fortunately the process is simple. Refinancing is simply the process of paying of your existing loan with a new one. Your new loan could be for a better interest rate, a shorter/longer term, or a different amount. In fact, your new loan could be an entirely different type. For example, instead of an adjustable-rate mortgage you could opt for a fixed-rate mortgage.Read More
Here are the steps:
1. Select a home and discuss the purchase with the seller or selling agent. Sign a purchase contract conditioned on approval of your VA home loan.
2. Select a lender, present them with your Certificate of Eligibility and complete a loan application.
3. The lender will develop all credit and income information. They will also request VA to assign a licensed appraiser to determine the reasonable value for the property. A Certificate of Reasonable Value will be issued. Note: You may be required to pay for the credit report and appraisal unless the seller agrees to pay.
4. The lender will let you know the decision on the loan. You should be approved if the established value and your credit and income are acceptable.
5. You (and spouse) attend the loan closing. The lender or closing attorney will explain the loan terms and requirements as well as where and how to make the monthly payments. Sign the note, mortgage, and other related papers.
6. The loan is sent to VA for guaranty. Your Certificate of Eligibility is annotated to reflect the use of entitlement and returned to you.
The fact you and/or your spouse have been adjudicated bankrupt does not in itself disqualify you for a VA home loan. The following rules apply:
1. If the bankruptcy was discharged more than 2 years ago, it may be disregarded
2. If the bankruptcy was discharged within the last 1 to 2 years, it is probably not possible to determine that you and/or your spouse are a satisfactory credit risk unless both of the following requirements are met:
- you and/or your spouse have reestablished satisfactory credit, and
- the bankruptcy was caused by circumstances beyond your and/or your spouses control (such as unemployment, medical bills, etc.)
3. If the bankruptcy was discharged within the past 12 months, it will not generally be possible to determine that you and/or your spouse are satisfactory credit risks.
I help veterans get VA Loans in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, and other Phoenix metro cities. With offices in Scottsdale and the San Diego area, I am known nationwide as a top VA loan specialist. So wherever you live or want to buy a home, don't hesitate to contact me - I am here to serve YOU!
The hyperlinks to these Internet sites are provided solely as a convenience to the users of the First Choice Loan Services Internet site. The Company has made a limited effort to determine that these links function properly. However, linked sites are not under the control of the Company, and the Company is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. You are responsible for confirming the identity and authenticity of any site you visit and transact business with online. The inclusion of a link does not imply or constitute an endorsement by the Company, its ownership or management, the products or services it offers, or any advertisers or sponsors appearing on these web sites.
Click the link above to continue or CANCEL